1. Standard Throwing Axe (Hatchet) Requirements: see image 2.1 below
1. The handle must be made from wood;
2. The axe must be a single bit blade, ie: no blade or sharpened spike may be protruding from the back of the axe head.
3. Handle Length:
1. The length must be a minimum of 13” long and cannot exceed a maximum of 17” long:
1. This measurement begins from the bottom (butt) of the handle to the top of the axe head. See Image 2.1 (2.1.2);
2. If any of the handle protrudes from the top of the axe head (eye) it does not count towards the minimum or maximum handle length. See Image 2.1 (2.1.1).
1. The axe must weigh between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds of total weight (handle included).
4. Blade Length:
1. The face (blade) of the axe must be no longer than 4″ and no shorter than 3” and must be fixed to the handle of the axe with an eye-wedge or a pin (ie: no ‘floating’ axe heads where the head itself is wedged on a tapering handle and only held there through gravity.)
2. The axe head must have a minimum height of 1.5” as measured parallel to the handle.
3. The axe head may have a maximum length (from face to butt) of 7”