Big Axe (Felling Axe):
See Image 2.2 Below
1. A Big Axe (Felling Axe) has the following requirements
1. The axe must be a single bit blade, ie: no blade or sharpened spike may be protruding from the back of the axe head.
2. The axe must weigh between 2.75 and 3.75 pounds of total weight (handle included).
3. The handle must be wood, handle length must be at least 25″ including the handle in the eye of the blade.
4. The face (blade) of the axe must be no longer than 4 5/8″ and no shorter than 3.5” and must be fixed to the handle of the axe with an eye or pin (ie: no ‘floating’ axe heads where the head itself is wedged on a tapering handle and only held there through gravity.)
5. The axe head must have a minimum height of 2” as measured parallel to the handle.